UPDATE! Our winners!
Topsy Turvy Contest WinnersWe had some superb entries for the Topsy Turvy Contest! I would like to take a moment to congratulate everyone who participated on their truly entertaining and wonderful entries. I loved seeing your unique interpretations on the prompt. There were touching entries, funny entries, and intense ones too! You all did a fantastic job!
It was incredibly hard to narrow it down to a mere three choices. Everyone, please give a huge "Congratulations!" to our winners!
Prize - 250
Prize - 500
Edit - Tomorrow, April 14th, is the last day to submit your entries! It's crunch time!
Once a year we throw a party here in town
Once a year we turn all Paris upside down
Ev'ry man's a king and ev'ry king's a clown
Once again it's Topsy Turvy Day
It's the day the devil in us gets released
It's the day we mock the prig and shock the priest
Ev'rything is topsy turvy at the Feast of Fools!
Why am I quoting Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame song lyrics? Perhaps because it's one of my favorite animated movies? Is it because it's April Fool's Day? Or maybe it's related to the contest I promised in the title?
Yes to all three!
To celebrate April Fool's Day, I invite you to write a short "topsy turvy" fan fiction! A topsy turvy story (at least for the purposes for this contest) has everyone in opposite roles than normal. Bad guys are good guys and visa versa. You can even gender swap, if you like. Why not? It's April Fool's Day! Just remember, all the characters have to act in a topsy turvy fashion.
- Your topsy turvy fan fiction must be specifically written for this contest and submitted after April 1st, 2014.
- The contest will run until midnight (Pacific Time) April 14th, 2014.
- It is a fan fiction contest. All stories must be fan fiction. All fandoms are acceptable.
- All entries must follow deviantART submission guidelines! (No porn.)
- Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!
- Maximum word count: 1,000 words. This is meant to be a short contest. I'm not looking for any epics.
- All characters in the story must be portrayed as opposite to their normal nature. Gender swapping is optional.
- OCs are allowed but cannot be the main characters. I want to see characters acting topsy turvy and that's hard to judge with OCs.
- And this one time, at band camp, I stuck a flute ... *cough*.
- Entries will be judged on proper grammar use, how engaging they are and if they incorporate the theme.
- Please note me your entry with the title "Topsy Turvy Contest" with your entry before the above deadline.
- Mention this contest and link this journal somewhere in your deviation or artist comments.
- Have fun! (Yeah, this one's not enforceable. )
- I am serious ... and don't call me Shirley.
- Clarification (before anyone tries this): Mirrorverse-type characters (characters that are already mirror opposites of the originals) can not be used in this because ... duh.
- 1st Place - 1,000
- 2nd Place - 500
- 3rd Place - 250
- We're on a mission from God.
- All entries will be featured in the winners' announcement journal, so everyone can enjoy your entries.
- Guess my favorite character from Hunchback of Notre Dame and win ! I have set aside 300 to split between whoever guesses correctly.
- Include your guess with the same note as your contest entry! Yes, you must participate in the contest for a chance at this.
- What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow? (Not part of the bonus. )
- Same deadline applies.